- a fresh fruit stand to buy icecream bananas
- a snack break for some smoothies made from fresh fruit
- hiking down to see Akaka falls
- a guided tour of the area around the volcano caldera.
- hiked to the nearest point of the latest lava flows.
- a self-guided tour of a Macadamia Nut factory.
|Road side view of the hills during sunrise. Very little vegetation compared to the East side of the island as seen below.|
|Akaka Falls at 442 ft are the highest free falling waterfall in Hawaii|
|Kilauea Caldera which is 2 miles wide and 3 miles long.|
|After only about 1 year of cooling, plant life starts to appear. The above flow is about 20 years old.|
|People are allowed to buy lots, and rebuild houses on the older flows. Although there is no running water, hydro, or sewage systems, the price seemed right at about $2000 per lot.|